Project Controller a.i.
Last year a major and complex loss occurred in Vohburg an der Donau requiring extensive repair to an oil refinery. The scope for repair section has been defined, several lump sum and unit rate contracts have been awarded. The subsequent phase will be the replacement project. The project scope is insured and needs to be reported to the loss adjusters simultaneously the project cost need to be minimized and value needs to be added to the reconstruction process. To manage this major complex loss from a cost perspective we are looking for
Project Controller a.i. (repair : 7 months, replace 27 months)
The role is responsible to prepare or review the remeasurable reports and to monitor commercial information in relation to labor, material and subcontractors thus ensuring cost budgets adhered and reported within the business timetable. You report in a matrix organization to finance and the project manager insurance (officially clerk of works)
- Drive for best value from suppliers and subcontractors
- Measure, value, submit & negotiate contract variations and final accounts
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- To maximize recovery of the property damage claim within the limits of the policy and maintain neutral cash flow for recovery period
- Assist Project manager/package managers and Project manager insurance with claim management processes for the insured costs of the project.
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations and endorsing safety policy Identifying, analyzing and developing responses to commercial risks;
- Monitor all commercial information in relation to project including labor, material and sub contractor thus ensuring budgets adhered to cost forecasting
- Providing advice on contractual claims; Remeasure work executed by contractors
- Analyzing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports and remeasurable reports
- Value completed work, reviewing contractor’s progress reports and approving requisitions;
- Reviewing claims and jointly negotiations of final accounts to contractors and vendors Drafting and reviewing commercial correspondence to contractors on claims and variations
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Qualified with either technical, contractual or financial bachelor degree with demonstrable commercial in handling a major complex projects with big numbers
- Minimum 5 years financial experience within an EPC contracting organization
- Experience with turnarounds on chemical or oil&gas plants is a plus
- Fitting in a schedule driven team environment on a large industrial plant German speaker, good command of English (written and spoken), communicator on all organizational levels (site staff to senior management/insurers)
Vohburg an der Donau
T: +31 6 4336 0080